Thursday, August 27, 2009

Today we received a mixture of disappointing and good news from M D Anderson:

There is no sign of the donor's cells in Suzie's bone marrow and the number of cancer cells continues to increase. %$@&^%@.....

Revlimid is helping us manage this disease.

Signs of rejection continue and our transplant doctor is of the opinion that some of the graft is still active. He hasn't given up hope that Suzie might experience a rebound.

Suzie's alive thanks to the transplant and we've enjoyed many moments together that would have never happened were it not for the donor's act of kindness.

1 comment:

Esther said...

Hang in there,girl,you have come this far!!!we think of you guys so much. I have had my own problems but not as serious as yours. I go for back surgery on Oct 16th. Til then I am living on tylonol. I won't write a lot in here,I will call you tomorrow if you are up to it.

We love you both very much.

your friends,Smitty & Esther